Support for your Dyson Corrale™ straightener for stylists
This is the support page for stylists. Here you can find useful tips, videos, maintenance advice, your user manual and more.
Please check whether your straightener has a two-pin or four-pin Flight-ready tag. For machines with a four-pin tag, there’s a dedicated support page that can be accessed here.
Your Dyson Corrale™ straightener is engineered to be easy to use. To get started, watch our video guide or follow the steps below.
2. Dislodge, rotate and replace the Flight-ready tag
Set the black arrow on the Flight-ready tag to the Home position to enable your straightener's controls. Your tag is tethered to your straightener. If your Flight-ready tag has four pins you can access support here.
3. Fully charge your straightener
To maximise cordless run time, always fully charge your straightener before using it.
1. Unlock your straightener
Simply slide up the Lock button on the front of your straightener to open it.
4. Prepare your client's hair for styling
Your client's hair should be dry before you style. To get the best results, it should also be tangle-free.
5. Turn your straightener on
Press and hold the Power button until a battery icon appears on the screen.
6. Choose your temperature
As the flexing plates enable enhanced styling with less heat for less hair damage¹, we recommend you try the lowest setting of 165°C first. If you feel you need more heat for your hair type, length or desired style, you can increase the temperature to 185°C or 210°C.
Six tips to help maximise run time
- For maximum run time, start styling from full charge.
- Place in the dock between passes, to help boost charge.
- Try slow, even passes for more battery-efficient styling.
- If your battery is running low, connect the cable while styling for use in Hybrid charge mode.
- For longer styling sessions use Hybrid charge mode. Start from fully-charged and keep the cable connected.
- Once finished, connect the cable or place on the dock to charge – ready for your next styling session.
Hybrid charge mode explained
In Hybrid charge mode, your straightener adapts its power source. While heating up and styling on your hair, it draws power from the battery and cable. Between passes, when the plates aren’t touching your hair, the cable charges the battery to help give you a longer run time. We recommend you fully charge between uses, so you’re always ready for your next style.
Engineered for balance in the hand
The Dyson Corrale™ straightener may seem heavier when you first pick it up. That’s because it is packed with advanced 4-cell lithium-ion battery technology, giving you maximum styling time and the thermal performance of a corded straightener. The battery’s placement is engineered to help provide balance in the hand. This helps give you maximum control while styling – without the cord.
Using your straightener
Maximising cordless run time
Your straightener should always be fully charged before you start styling. We also recommend placing it in the charging dock between styling sections of hair and client appointments.
Styling with the cable attached
If you need to style for longer, you can use your straightener with the cable attached in hybrid charge mode. This will extend the run time but you’ll still need to fully charge between uses, as you'll still be using battery power when styling.
Three temperatures to choose from
You can style at 165°C, 185°C or 210°C, to suit your client's hair type, length or desired style. When you turn your straightener on, it will be set to the temperature you last used.
Automatically turns off for peace of mind
If your straightener is left unattended with the power on for longer than five minutes, it goes into Sleep mode and the flexing plates start to cool down. After a further five minutes, your straightener turns off completely.
Assembling the charging dock
Simply push the two parts of the dock together until they click securely in place. Then connect the Magnetic 360° charging cable to the base.
Understanding the sounds
Your straightener makes a range of sounds to prompt you to take an action, or to alert you. You can find out more about the sounds in our video guide.
Turning off the prompt sounds
You can mute the prompt sounds by pressing and holding the Power and Temperature (–) buttons for more than five seconds. For your safety, you can't mute the sounds for Sleep mode or alerts.
Changing the temperature units
You can view your straightener's temperature in Centigrade or Fahrenheit. Simply press and hold the Power and Temperature (+) buttons for more than five seconds to switch between the two.
Guide to a smooth glide
Follow our tips to help your straightener pass more smoothly over your client's hair.
- Prepare your client's hair – by making sure it's tangle-free.
- Select the tress size – for fine hair try a larger section to start. For coarse hair, begin with a smaller section.
- Place the hair – ensure the tress is in the middle of the plates when styling.
- Take it slowly – use a slow, even motion for smoother passes of your straightener.
- Reduce the pressure – with flexing plates that gather the hair, there's no need to apply excess pressure.
Maintaining your straightener
We recommend regularly cleaning your straightener's plates to remove hair product residue. This keeps them working at their best. First, turn off your straightener and allow the plates to cool down. Then, rub them gently with a damp, lint-free cloth.
How to fly with your straightener
If your machine has a four-pin Flight-ready tag, please follow the simple steps here.
Airline approval is required if you're traveling with a battery-powered heat-producing product. Cordless straighteners are in this category, so we recommend contacting your airline before you travel. Explain that your straightener has a Flight-ready feature which isolates the heaters from the battery, to meet ICAO regulations. To use it, follow these six simple steps:
1. Before packing your straightener—remove, rotate and replace the Flight-ready tag with the black arrow in the Flight-ready position.
2. Press the Power button and check an aeroplane icon appears on the screen.
3. Close and lock your straightener, then place it in its Heat-resistant travel pouch.
4. Store in your hand luggage, not hold luggage.
5. Leave the Flight-ready tag in the Flight-ready position throughout the flight.
How to fly with your straightener
Flight-ready tag lost or removed
Our Flight-ready tag allows you to use your straightener, while meeting airline regulations. If you have removed or lost your tag, please call 0800 397 667.
The Dyson guarantee
'How to' videos
To help you get the most from your machine. Quick and easy.
Tailored reminders that will keep your machine working at its best, for longer.
Exclusive owner benefits
Priority access to previews of new Dyson technology, events and offers.
Expert advice. 6 days a week.
Freephone and live chat. Available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm and Saturday from 8am to 5pm AEST.
Free Dyson parts and labour
Replacement parts or repairs if something goes wrong during your guarantee period.
If we can’t repair your machine, we’ll replace it while it's under guarantee. Fast.